As COVID-19 continues to cause schools to close and businesses to close offices, many of our customers are exploring how to shift their in-person recruiting events to virtual recruiting events.
In this article, we'll cover how to host a virtual information session with Flo Recruit using the software and hardware your business already has.
1. Flo Recruit
3. A Computer or Laptop with a Video Camera and a Microphone (most computers today have this. If you don't have a camera in your computer already, you can usually purchase or rent an add-on to your computer. If your computer does not have a microphone, headphones will usually do the trick.
1. Add Event: Login to Flo Recruit, navigate to Events, and click Add Event.
2. Set it as Virtual: When creating your event, you'll notice a new question: is this a virtual event or an in-person event? Select Virtual.
3. Paste Your Virtual/Video Conference Meeting Link: Continue to enter in the rest of the details for the event including name, description, tags, university event, duration, qualifying questions, feedback scale and the other standard questions. You will notice a new field for a Virtual Conferencing Link. Paste in the link to your virtual video conference meeting. You'll need to generate this in your company's web conferencing software. If you have questions on where to find this or how to generate this, feel free to email Courtney O'Donnell at email@example.com.
4. Event Type: Choose Open Registration or Invite Only. If you choose Open Registration, any candidates who register for your event will receive the virtual web conferencing link you inputted into the event. If you choose Invite Only, only candidates who are approved by an admin will receive the virtual web conferencing link.
5. Time of Event: If your event's attendees span across multiple time zones, choose the time zone you are in.
6. Edit the Confirmation Email or Approval Email: Turn on email interactions. For Open Registration events, edit the Confirmation Email to include clear instructions for candidates to sign in to your virtual event. Ensure the virtual web-conferencing link is in the Confirmation Email so that candidates can sign in. For Invite Only Events, edit the Approval Email to include clear instructions for candidates to sign in to your virtual event. In the Confirmation Email, tell candidates who register that they will receive further instructions if they are admitted to the event. Below is an email template:
You're done! Now, candidates will receive the information they need to sign in to your virtual event. Your employees will also receive the link to sign in the web conference within the email they receive to leave feedback on candidates that is sent 1 hour before the event starts.